Are you considering moving to Canada from the United States? Here’s some tidbits and resources that might help you along the way.
Moving to Canada?
- The Government of Canada Immigration website is a great resource. You’ll find everything you need to know about the application process, different types of visas available, and processing times for the various types of visa applications. There’s also information about preparing for life in Canada once you’re approved – what to expect culturally, socially or financially. Visit cic.gc.ca and click on Immigration for all the details, forms and guides.
- If you want to hire a representative to help with your application, go to the Use a Representative page of the Government website for information about who is considered an Authorized Representative and why this is important. It also gives details about how to make sure you “get what you pay for”, what to look for in a representative, what to expect from them and how to handle a complaint should the need arise.
- Finding a representative to assist you in immigrating to your new city can be done by getting a referral from someone you trust. You can check the local yellow pages, or Google “Nanaimo Immigration Lawyers”. Whoever you choose, be sure you clearly understand the services they’ll provide, establish the price you’ll have to pay for those services and get it all in writing. Speak to references if possible and find out how many years they’ve been in business. Interview them as you would any other service professional.
- Go to the City of Nanaimo website at nanaimo.ca for all the information you’ll need about living in our beautiful city. Find out the schedule for garbage and recycling pickups, learn about how to license your dog, where to find parks and recreation facilities or to check out the map of the city. You can also reach them by telephone at (250) 754-4251.
- Find a new home. That’s the easiest part! Call RE/MAX of Nanaimo at (250) 751-1223. Whether you want to buy a home or rent one for the first while, we can help you with both. Our expert real estate agents or our Property Management group can find you the perfect place to call home and get settled. You can also visit our website at remaxofnanaimo.com for more information on what’s out there.
At RE/MAX of Nanaimo, we love to welcome new residents to our wonderful “Harbor City” so when you’re ready, call us at (250) 751-1223.
Calling all cyclists!
Are you an novice or avid cyclist looking for a cause to support or want to be part of raising funds for sick kids? June 18, 2016 ride with us for the kids!
Ride for the kids
Join us on a 100 km free Charity Ride from RE/MAX of Nanaimo through Nanaimo, Nanaimo River, Cedar & Yellow Point benefiting the kids at BC CHildren’s Hospital. Please note: we will have a staggered start, this is not a race.
Brian Godfrey has recently retired in order to go on another cycling adventure. In 2013, Brian and his friend Bob, completed their first fundraising cycling adventure, which helped raise $25,000 for BC Children’s Hospital with the help of fellow realtors at RE/MAX of Nanaimo. He hopes to raise the same fundraising goal this year. Donate here!
Come solo or register a team!
RE/MAX Of Nanaimo’s full service Property Management team has over 50 years’ combined experience in both residential real estate management. Through attention to detail, comprehensive reporting, the use of current technology and traditional customer service, we are able to provide outstanding service to our clients.
RE/MAX of Nanaimo sales associates are highly respected with years of experience and a reputation for striving for excellence. Our associates are part of a superior support network and have access to services that increase their industry knowledge while helping their clients understand the process of buying and selling a home. They make it their business to stay on top of market trends and gain an intimate knowledge of your local areas. RE/MAX Nanaimo sales associates ensure you have an Above the Crowd experience– a complete overview of the real estate decision you are about to make.
Well it’s that time of year again when school is wrapping up, families are making plans for their summer vacations, and here at RE/MAX Of Nanaimo we are working on showing our clients in the community how much we appreciate them. That’s right – RE/MAX Of Nanaimo’s annual Customer Appreciation extravaganza is Saturday June 13, 2015*.
When it comes to buying a home, everyone knows the basics: can we afford this? What area do we want to live in? House or condo? But there are other questions you may want to ask yourself that can uncover wants or needs you didn’t realize you had. Here are three questions every first-time homebuyer should ask to start exploring your housing requirements in a deeper way. The 3 forgotten questions every first-time homebuyer should ask but somehow slips our minds.
A spectacular spring market is the only way to describe Real Estate Sales in the Nanaimo area for May 2015. We’ve had month over month increases in sales volume and the number of homes sold, and the trend is continuing in the spring market stats for Nanaimo.
“Home is where the heart is”- a pretty trite saying, but it sure rings true for a lot of Nanaimo real estate owners who work far away and come back home when they have time off. Several families we’re lucky enough to call clients (and friends) have moved here from Vancouver, Alberta, or further afield, and continue to work “off-island”.
What does living an Epic lifestyle look like for you? In Nanaimo on Vancouver Island we live an epic life. We are removed from the metropolitan hub yet still have the luxuries of world class transportation to go to our nearest urban areas, Victoria and Vancouver. Via a scenic ferry cruise or a 20 minute float plane your in the middle of the dynamic city of Vancouver. An hour and half along the ocean and over the Malahat hump and your in beautiful British Columbia’s historical capital city, Victoria. But when you come home to Nanaimo, you realize how truly epic a lifestyle it is!