Sometimes it seems like there are a lot of REALTORS® to choose from. But how do you know which ones are the great ones? Here are 10 qualities of a great real estate agent when looking to buy or sell real estate in Nanaimo.
Qualities of a great real estate agent
- They are excellent communicators. They let you know what’s happening throughout the process, and give you feedback on showings and open houses, subject removals, the market and much more. They fully explain their marketing plans and walk you through the listing agreement, negotiations and offers, and all the documentation and information you are exposed to.
- They listen. They ask questions about the home you are selling, and they listen to your answers carefully.
- They understand the seller’s motivation for selling and adapt to it. For buyers, they understand your needs, your budget and your concerns and will keep them front of mind when searching for the perfect home. They want to act in your best interest.
- They adapt to the clients needs. How much communication does the client want? What method of communication works best for them – email, text, phone calls? The qualities of a great real estate means your REALTOR® understands this and tailors it to suit each individual client.
- They keep the client motivated. A client needs to feel supported and happy with their REALTOR® in order to continue the business relationship, so it’s important they maintain a positive attitude even during difficult periods.
- They know the clients timeframe. If a buyer needs a home by a certain date or a seller needs to be gone by a certain date, the qualities of a great real estate will ensue they make every effort to meet this. Time is of the essence at all times.
- They aren’t afraid to try new things – learn a new skill, try a new social media platform or device. To keep up with current trends and technology, education is key and they are constantly learning.
- They are experienced and can provide you with references for all the professional you may need, without a second thought.
- They are up to date on current real estate matters and receive continued education and training in that regard.
- They have no complaints, violations or disciplinary actions with the licensing board. You can check on the Real Estate Council of BC website at recbc.ca to find out about any actions against specific individuals.
Bonus quality: they are a RE/MAX real estate agent!
At RE/MAX of Nanaimo, agents are continually undergoing training and education through our RE/MAX University, ensuring they stay on top of current topics, issues and technology and are constantly leading the Nanaimo market share meaning they sell more homes than any other real estate group in Nanaimo!
If we can help you find your next home, or sell your current one, call RE/MAX of Nanaimo at (250) 751-1223 and speak with one of our well qualified agents today.
From RE/MAX of Nanaimo’s humble beginnings, to the market-dominating business it is today, the company continues to grow and adapt to suit client and agent needs. Some things, however, never change. Our commitment to service, ethics, and continual education means that our clients can benefit from the knowledge and experience of Nanaimo’s top real estate professionals, while our REALTORS® benefit from a working environment that supports their professional and personal growth.